31 Oct Life Long learning course: hydrometec – hydrometallurgy in raw materials utilisation
From 21 to 24 November 2022, HydroMetEC will hold a two-day advanced course in hydrometallurgy and a two-day seminar in a hybrid format, in Greece and online. HydroMetEC is a lifelong learning program supported by the EIT Raw Materials academy, coordinated by NTNU, whose objective is to educate engineers from industry, scientists at RTOs, as well as undergraduate and postgraduate students about hydrometallurgy.
The HydroMetEC advanced course will focus on the following topics:
- Mass and energy balance in hydrometallurgy
- Kinetics and thermodynamics in hydrometallurgy
The course will also include a visit to Monolothios PGM recycling and catalyst production facilities.
The seminar, taking place on 23 & 24 November, will include a visit to Mytilineos Alumina production plan, as well as talks and workshops on critical raw materials.
For more detailed information, download the course flyer.
HydroMetEC Advanced Course and Seminar
- When: 21 & 22 November and 23 & 24 November 2022
- Format: Hybrid event (Greece and online)
- Participants: A background in bachelor level chemistry/materials science/geology or attendance to the Introduction to Hydrometallurgy course is required.
- Registration deadline: 11 November 2022
- Registration link: https://ntnu.eventsair.com/hydrometec-2022/advanced/Site/Register