PROMETIA is an international non-profit association (AISBL), according to 1921 Belgium law, established in Brussels.
- The General Assembly (GA) is the highest body of the Association, in which all Full Members are represented and decisions are made.
- Activities of the association are implemented by the Executive Committee (ExCom) under the coordination of its Chairman. The Chairman and members of the ExCom are elected by the GA.
- A Technical Secretariat appointed by the General Assembly is in charge of daily management tasks of the association.
Finally, Technical groups are in charge of specific activities:
- The Scientific Board coordinates Research & Development activities, covering the different skills and Technology Readiness Levels (TRLs). Its members are experts in the field and are appointed by the GA.
- The Pilot Board coordinates activities between the piloting facilities.